Ukraine Family Scheme – now available to apply from inside the UK

It is now possible to apply for a family visa under the Ukraine Family Scheme from inside the UK.

For that you must apply online for the Ukraine Family Scheme by the following link:

You will then book and attend an appointment at UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point located in the UK.

You will need to give your fingerprints and a photograph (biometric information) at a UKVCAS service point – this is to get a biometric residence permit.

Children under the age of 5 will not have their fingerprints taken but will still need to attend the UKVCAS and have a digital photograph taken.

Some services at UKVCAS service points have a fee.

You do not need to use these services, such as document scanning, to complete your application and you should not pay for them in advance.

If you need to use of any of these services at a UKVCAS service point during your appointment, you will not need to pay a fee for them.

How long it takes

The Home Office will prioritise your application and aim to make a decision as quickly as possible. The Home Office will get in touch when a decision has been made.

Please note that all other requirements, including eligibility requirements, remain the same as they already exist for those applying for a family visa under the Ukraine Family Scheme from abroad.

Like this article? Share on


Related articles

Information about our own complaints process, raising concerns to the Legal Ombudsman and to us

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. 

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint; and,
  • Within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned; or
  • Within one year of you realising that there was a concern.


If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, you can contact them at the following details:

 Contact details

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By closing this message, you consent to our cookies on this device in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.