Terms and Conditions of Use
- These Terms and Conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own Terms and Conditions), and LF Legal Limited (“we/us/our”), the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
- In these Terms and Conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by LF Legal Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Us and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you become a client of ours for the provision of services, that relationship will be governed by our Terms and Conditions of engagement and not these Terms and Conditions. However, these Terms and Conditions will still apply to your use of our Website.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is our intellectual property, or that of our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these Terms and Conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users.
- By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this Website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the Website without the owner’s prior written permission.
- You must not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without our prior written permission.
- However, you may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen; and/or
- print one copy of the Content.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any unlawful or fraudulent manner;
- to transmit, or to procure the transmission of any unsolicited marketing materials to us;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- to knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
9. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control or that of our affiliates.
10. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
11. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Linking to our Website
12. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
13. However, you must not:
- establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by LF Legal Limited, unless otherwise approved by us;
- establish a link to our Website in any website that you do not own;
- frame our Website on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page; or
- link from any website that contains fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive information; or defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive content; or promotes discrimination, racism, hatred, harassment or harm toward any third-party; or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any third-party; or promotes illegal or harmful activities.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
16. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. We are under no obligation to update information on the Website.
17. Whilst LF we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers including but not limited to the use your own virus protection software.
18. We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website and we reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
19. The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice, legal or otherwise, on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Limitation of liability
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
21. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by law, LF Legal Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, whether foreseeable or not.
23. You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
24. These Terms and Conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
26. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
27. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
LF Legal Limited details
30. LF Legal Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09994635 whose registered address is 2nd Floor, Queens House, 80 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7PD and it operates the Website: www.lflegal.uk, www.lflegal.co.uk. The registered VAT number is 296061584.
31. LF Legal is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA Authority ID number: 429687 and operates in accordance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
32. LF Legal maintains professional indemnity insurance in excess of the minimum required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our primary insurer is Zurich Insurance PLC.
33. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or the use of our Website in general, please contact us.